3. Remembering that I have a Blog
THIS EXISTS? Who knew, right? I’ve been super busy with my extremely long holiday break from work that has been filled with way-too-long naps, shopping, eating and cocktails with friends. But hey, I’m back and that’s all that matters.
2. The Holidays Being Over
I love the idea of the holidays and the actual holiday (Christmas, NYE, etc.), but I hate what they entail. I’m not big on being forced to sit around a table with my extended family to gossip about who’s in prison, pregnant (again) and what I’m doing with my life. Look, I have no idea what I’m doing with my life- I’m 22 and my parents still pay for my gas, so please stop asking. Also, NYE can blow me. Plans always get effed up and you end up at some random kid’s house with 20 people you don’t know drinking wine out of a plastic cup. Sure I could have just stayed in and probably have a better time, but I needed an excuse to wear my new backless romper and hot pink Kate Spade bag. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices. Whatever. I’m just beyond happy that I can wipe this fake ass smile off of my face and get on with 2013. See ya 2012, it’s been a shit show and I’m glad you’re over.
1. New Years Resolutions
Without question the most corny of my Top 3, but I’m not even the least bit sorry that I love making New Years Resolutions. Why start changing your life around randomly when there is a set day that things are “supposed” to change along with the date? I’m a little late on making my resolutions this year (usually I figure them out towards the end of December), but I’m chronically late for life, so I’ll just chalk it up as one of my many flaws. Here’s a working list of some things I hope to complete and/or pursue in 2013:
- Volunteer- Something that I used to do all the time and have since gotten “too busy” to do. While I may have a rough exterior, I have always had a soft spot for helping others in need. Weather it be working at a local soup kitchen or volunteering at the Red Cross, I hope to do something at least once a month (got the idea from this Thought Catalogue article)
- Find the Gym- I know this is on everyone’s list, but I don’t want to go to lose weight (while that would be a welcomed outcome). I always enjoy going to the gym, it’s just the process of getting there that actually kills me
- Go to a Shooting Range- I’m all for gun control, but I think it would be bomb as hell to learn how to shoot one
- Travel to a New Country- traveling is one of my favorite hobbies, but it’s a little difficult when you are a poor 20-something. Which brings me to my next goal:
- Save up!!- I’ve been doing a pretty good job of this for the past 6 months and I would like to see that effort continue. I know I need to let myself splurge every once in a while, but saving up to do bigger and better things in the future will be way better than those gorgeous pair of shoes that “I must have”
- Read for Leisure- Another thing that I have been getting better at, but I want to continue to work on. I have a tendency to stop reading books when I get bored and completely forgetting about them. I need to fix that
- Spend more time doing things I enjoy, even if it means doing them along- I love seeing movies, going out to eat, grabbing a drink (or two) after a rough day at work, but sometimes people are too busy with their own shit to join me. So I’m going to (attempt to) throw caution to the wind and head out solo.
There are plenty more where that came from, but I don’t want to bore you any longer. One of my biggest goals is to REALLY keep up with this blog. I tend to get distracted very easily and forget things, and I don’t want that to happen to this! Here’s hoping!